Remedial Grammar : Analyzing Sentences into Clauses and Writing Basic Structure

Remedial Grammar : Analyzing Sentences into Clauses and Writing Basic Structure


Analyze the sentences into clauses and write basic structure 

1. As soon as the light in the bedroom went out, there was a stirring and a flutter all through the farm building.

2.It had been agreed that they should all meet in a big barn as soon as Mr.jones was safety out of the way

3.as I was sincere,I attended my classes regularly and I got good grades.

4.The student s were in the class room and they were waiting for their teacher.

5. Bashir and harun went to university and they left at 4:30 pm

6.smile is the language that even a baby understands

7.My eldest brother who just became a lecturer at Dhaka university told me that I was repeating the fruits of my bad company 

8.The sun rises in the east and sets in the west



Answers:

1. As soon as the light in the bedroom went out, there was a stirring and a flutter all through the farm building.

Clauses:

Main Clause: There was a stirring and a flutter all through the farm building.

Subordinate Clause: As soon as the light in the bedroom went out

Basic Structure: [As soon as the light in the bedroom went out], [there was a stirring and a flutter all through the farm building]. or [Main clause], [Sub ordinate clause]


2. It had been agreed that they should all meet in a big barn as soon as Mr. Jones was safety out of the way.

Clauses:

Main Clause: It had been agreed.

Subordinate Clauses:

a. that they should all meet in a big barn

b. as soon as Mr. Jones was safely out of the way

Basic Structure: [It had been agreed] [that they should all meet in a big barn] [as soon as Mr. Jones was safely out of the way].

3. As I was sincere, I attended my classes regularly and I got good grades.

Clauses:

Main Clause: I attended my classes regularly and I got good grades.

Subordinate Clause: As I was sincere

Basic Structure: [As I was sincere], [I attended my classes regularly and I got good grades].


4. The students were in the classroom and they were waiting for their teacher.

Clauses:

Main Clause: 

a. The students were in the classroom

b. they were waiting for their teacher.

Basic Structure: [The students were in the classroom] [and they were waiting for their teacher].


5. Bashir and Harun went to university and they left at 4:30 pm.

Clauses:

Main Clause: 

a. Bashir and Harun went to university 

b. they left at 4:30 pm.

Basic Structure: [Bashir and Harun went to university] [and they left at 4:30 pm].


6. Smile is the language that even a baby understands.

Clauses:

In the sentence "Smile is the language that even a baby understands," there are two clauses:

Main Clause: Smile is the language

Subordinate Clause: that even a baby understands

Basic Structure: [Smile is the language] [that even a baby understands].


7. My eldest brother, who just became a lecturer at Dhaka University, told me that I was repeating the fruits of my bad company.

In the sentence "My eldest brother, who just became a lecturer at Dhaka University, told me that I was repeating the fruits of my bad company," there are two main clauses and one subordinate clause:

Main Clause: My eldest brother told me

Subordinate Clause: who just became a lecturer at Dhaka University

Main Clause: that I was repeating the fruits of my bad company

Basic Structure: [My eldest brother, who just became a lecturer at Dhaka University], [told me that I was repeating the fruits of my bad company].


8. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.


In the sentence "The sun rises in the east and sets in the west," there are two main clauses:

Main Clause: The sun rises in the east

Main Clause: It sets in the west

Basic Structure: [The sun rises in the east] [and sets in the west].





মন্তব্যসমূহ